Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Generation 2000 against total chaos (part 157)

- Posição 2004: looking at the info. Next?
- Ronaldo Lyrio. No title or date indicated. Looking at the picture, I instantly remember walking around this big set of yellowish rusty beams. I call it constructive abstract sculpture. I don't know what people call this today. Check it with the critics. Anyway, it is four longer parallel beams standing in diagonal to the soil. Eight shorter ones hold them up. On the lower side, they are two open "A" figures mixed with an "X" figure that has "legs" about three times as big as its "arms". The higher end of it has an "X" figure with "legs" about double the size of the "arms", standing on the line that defines the start of the upper third of the "arms" of a 90 degree "V" figure. In fact, most angles look like 90 degrees, and the longer beams look about twice the size of the shorter ones. I hope the people that have higher spatial intelligence are having fun with my attempt at describing what I thought was very beautiful. I have no idea what he meant, but I liked it! Good show!

No comments: