Wednesday, February 21, 2007

too much guaraná

- I didn't go to any blocos! Their samba is so uptempo it sounds like frevo, you know? That very agitated sound you get at Recife and Olinda during Carnival!
- You don't like frevo?
- I really LIKE frevo! But it's like fast-paced techno: you end up marching or jumping up and down! Either that, or you must have some pretty good aerobic class training! Which is all good for me, but I prefer slower samba, because then you can do that rebolado swing with your hips that feels so good! Anyway, I guess the drummers are drinking to much açaí, or guaraná, or strong coffee these days! Let them have their fun! But I guess I will start a Gray Power bloco, with some slower samba drumming for old geezers like me to take it to the streets!
- Let's call it Bloco do Centrum Silver!

No comments: