Saturday, June 07, 2008

Generation 2000 against total chaos (part 160)

- Posição 2004: looking at the info. Next?
- Sandra Schechtman. Couldn't open the image, but I've already described it for you. Here's the technical info: It has 150 x 300 centimeters. Photos printed on canvas. Shadows of people over beautiful white and red crosswalks. Lying on the floor like a carpet. I thought it was printed on plastic. That's how I remembered it before reading the info. Anyway, the date is 2004, and the title is Entre Linhas, which means Between Lines. As I said before: a magic carpet! Good show!
- OK. Next?
- Sonia Meilman. As I've told you, she showed this two beautiful high contrast photos of roofs against sky. It basically splits the image in two fields, black and white, with the white on the upper side. They are shown as a diptych. 46 x 140 centimeters. Photos mounted on PVC. Date is 2003. Title is Melodia Concreta, which means Concrete Melody. The jagged lines remind me of Clyfford Still, and I like it. Good show!
- OK. Next?
- Sara Ramo. Another diptych with two color photos of a bathroom. The first shows it on a tidy state. The second has cleaning and beauty products and other stuff displaced, mostly standing on the floor, like they had created life and decided to change their places. Each photo measures 50 x 70 centimeters. As I remember them, it is probably photos mounted on PVC. Date is 2002-2004. Tilte is Como Aprender o Que Acontece na Normalidade das Coisas, which means How to Learn What Happens in the Normality of Things. Surreal Pop, for me, and I like it! Good show!
- OK. Next?
- Silvia D. I Couldn't open the files on her CD. As I've told you, it's a wildly humorous drawing of a masochistic viet cong. Probably a Paintbrush drawing printed on regular PC printer photographic paper, A4 size, and it was on its side, like a marine painting. Beautiful colors. Good show!

No comments: