Sunday, June 29, 2008

human traffic

I was so drunk I peed on my pants while walking at Avenida Paulista. Any Paulista will tell you it is not wise to cross it while drunk. I remember her smile as we parted and she went inside the subway station. I don't remember crossing the lanes. I don't remember the cars. I just remember that I found myself on the other side, and was walking to my hotel. Then I remember peeing. It didn't change my walking, and my oversized trousers hid it. I reached my room, hung my trousers on the
chair, went to sleep on my shorts and t-shirt.

It really started because of this art show opening nearby. I got so drunk I called her on the phone. Said I knew she was working, but that the show was really great, and only a couple of blocks away from her. She said OK, she would try and show up. Then I drank so much I just showed up at her building. She was very nice about my unproper euphoria. We went to the show, then I left her at the subway. She looked happy.

In the morning, I remembered I had no extra trousers. I was lucky: the weather was too cold for anyone to smell my piss. I just put my clothes on and took the first plane home. She didn't love me anymore, and it was fine.

No comments: