Saturday, April 07, 2007

Generation 2000 against total chaos (part 24)

- What about Aimberê Cesar at Posição 2004?
- He was the Master Without Ceremony of TV Zona, which translates as Chaos or Mess TV. That was one of the collective performances inside the empty pool that was occupied by bobN and his guests. I've read about his Zen-Nudism philosophy and thought it very progressive. And I've seen some of his works elsewhere, and liked them a lot. As for that specific day in the pool, all I can remember is mixed images. I believe they held a pic-nic breakfast, but maybe I'm just confused about the groups and days. People were selling art objects and doing poetry shows and performances. Maybe it's not new, but it certainly felt like they were being true to themselves. Like the performances were just a little exaggeration of their perceived true selves.

No comments: