Monday, April 30, 2007

Generation 2000 against total chaos (part 32)

- Posição 2004: Ana Torres.
- Well, I din't see it all, only the postcard photos. I understand there were also paper poster billboards in the city. So it was like her work was the bigger fractal image of the art show. Not that it was about the show. I understand the billboards were bigger pictures on the same series. Maybe the same pictures on the postcards. I remember liking the photos, and I certainly loved the idea. What I really remember clearly is the idea. I don't mean the idea or ideas she was trying to convey. I don't know what they were. I mean the idea of showing the images just that way. Great!
- So that's another one you don't understand but like anyway.
- I think she told me once, and I just smiled like I understood what she was saying. Maybe some day I will understand what she meant, but that won't stop me from understand it my own way right now, and enjoying myself in doing so!
- So tell us more about your understanding of it.
- Well, it just calls your attention to the media she was using. It's like making a movie about making a movie. I guess it's never been done quite like she did it. And even if it turns out to be not that new an idea, I'm fine with it. I sure had fun making contact with that specific piece of art, and that is also very important in contemporary art, for me.

No comments: