Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Generation 2000 against total chaos (part 93)

- Posição 2004: your memories. Next?
- Rachel Castro. She did this video installation that was way subtle, man! I only now realise it. It was this plain TV set hanging above our heads, like any other you see anywhere in the world. In one of those TV set hangers you attach to the upside of a wall. So it looked like the main thing were the videos. They were some fine pieces of Rhythm Video Art, alright. But the real thing was that they were a bit too long for you to watch it all standing up, looking upwards. Like maybe more than 20 minutes. I can't say, because I wasn't able to watch it all. But I came back a few times to watch some more of it. I guess that was part of the idea, really. But if it was not in the original plan, what a great unplanned result! It showed us fleeting beauty, just like it happens lots of times, right before our eyes. Good show!

No comments: