Wednesday, August 10, 2011

BE HAPPY NOW

More than twenty years later I was an adult talking to one of his boys. Maybe one year from adult status boy. For sure adopted. So we sat at the snack bar of my small town teenage years. What could I do? I wasn't into young men. But I tried to say I was fine with odd behaviour. Like maybe he should be a musician if he really really wanted it. Maybe he got my hidden message that being gay was fine if it was his thing. I was trying to tell him that without being direct. I think he got it. Sure I will never know. But I feel he felt weird some way or another and I just gave him the OK to go and be as he was. I was almost as old as his stepfather friend of my family. Well I just hope he got the message that freedom was real to anyone who just did it. Like secretly telling him to believe in himself. I hope he is happy today. If I ever go to my hometown again to see how's it going I do hope I meet him by chance and find he is doing whatever consensual sex makes him happy now. Yeah I believe all good people should be happy now. There really is no other time. I guess. Who knows? Maybe I'm in for an eternal sweet surprise.

No comments: