Saturday, August 13, 2011

OUTSIDE ANY SIGN

In this dream my hometown was strangely empty. Almost no people out on the streets. The sky was purple all over. Neither me nor anyone else looked surprised by this impossible sky. Then a man came up to me and said he was surprised that I was back home and never called him up. He looked vaguely familiar. As I was about to ask him who he was, we heard a loud roaring sound and turned to see this gigantic wave crashing down the street. The sea was coming up! We ran so much the air felt incredibly cold in my eyes and ears and then he said it was OK for us to stop. It was dark all around. Like we had run into some desert outside any sign of the city we had just left. Are we dead?, I asked him. Who isn't?, he said. And laughed. I looked up close at a scratch in my arm and noticed I was some unbelieveably realistic cyborg. Laughing too, I looked back at my old forgotten friend and he looked exactly like me.

No comments: