Friday, February 17, 2012

MAYBE THERE IS NO WHY

We were not sure she would want to see me. Or anyone. Her sister told me it was a matter of days. She told me the cancer was a bad one. She was a goner and maybe I should see her at the hospital one last time for she was quite probably never getting out. She was just taking these massive morphine shots. When I went in she said she liked the colour of my shirt. I was speechless. She was still the very white and very slim girl I knew. But she was falling asleep every couple of minutes. And she was staring at the infinity half the time. Like she was only there about half the time. I just stared and smiled. Then I touched her hand and left. In her soul she was a queen. She was royalty in her spirit. Her soul payed for her good heart. Yes I think she died at 44 because she really felt sorry for the humans. And I am so sorry she cared. Yes I am not sure they deserved her love. Poor idiots. Oh sister why. There is no why, I guess. Oh how I wish I knew for sure.

No comments: