Sunday, March 11, 2007

Generation 2000 against total chaos (part 7)

- Well, Marcelo, this Posição 2004 art show looks like an attempt to ressurect Dadaism!
- Oh! I see. That would be fine with me, except for the fact that Dadaism is not dead! Art movements don't die! They simply change names and addresses, or fall asleep for some years! Even Dadaism was really Nonsense with a new name and some different intentions. We could say we were some sort of dadaists for the War on Terrorism, but I doubt some of the artists involved at Posição 2004 would buy that label. Then again, we could say that NOT BUYING the idea is BEING PART OF IT, TOO, just like some dadaist from 1916 would say! And also: I suppose we were also hoping to make some money! You see, we are very optimistic, most of us!
- I should think this self-mocking would not be bought by every artist that was there, either!
- Right! But Brazil is a free country, and they are free to hate my jokes, as long as they do it in a peaceful way!

No comments: