Monday, March 19, 2007

Generation 2000 against total chaos (part 9)

- We understand that, during Posição 2004, a teacher was told by one of the artists to fuck off, when she complained about a man selling beer inside the empty pool.
- I've heard that one. Didn't see it happen, though. It was not bobN, but one of his guests. I'm not naming the guy, but I noticed how drunk he was, and I believe it did happen. That was not nice of him, but I understand wartime art can get pretty edgy. I am glad the teacher did not respond by punching his nose in.
- Aren't you taking too far this World Trade War thing? I mean, Brazilian troops are nowhere near Iraq! And there's been no terrorist attacks inside Brazilian territory!
- Well, this war is planet wide, man! Of course I know things are much hairier in Iraq and some other places! But I believe terrorist bombings could happen in Brazil! We have poor people with little hope for the future! And we have fundamentalism! Don't forget that some Brazilians really believed, back in the nineteen-sixties, that they could start a civil war, overthrow the Military Dictatorship, and build a Communist Dictatorship! Yeah, right! Like it was feasible, and would make a GREAT difference to change FROM ONE CRAP TO ANOTHER! Stupid ideas translate into stupid action here, in the Land of the Samba, too, you know? I just hope we are getting too smart for that kind of shit! But things COULD become much weirder in Brazil, believe me! I'm sorry to say that, but it really doesn't seem too far-fetched! I just pray that the over-optimistic are proven right!

No comments: