Sunday, March 25, 2007

Generation 2000 against total chaos (part 14)

- Please try and tell us what you do remember about your éramos 3 group show inside the Posição 2004 group show!
- OK. Ana Sarmento did this picture of two or three wine glasses over a white tablecloth. I believe one of them was broken, and the red wine was spilled. It just hit my soul, man, the way she did it. Maybe it was too subtle for others, and even for herself to notice what she had accomplished. But it really did it for me! As for Cristina Amiran, that was lots of fun to help her by being the models for her photos, and the final wall objects with the photos were probably the most successful in doing the BRIDGE thing that was supposed to link our individual works. They were also yummy, and I love the chaos math analogy! Gê Pinheiro did this floor installation with these monochrome beige small children figures that are used by catholic believers to thank the saints for saving their children's lives. She made them flock up into this wall, except for one or two that looked the other way, like they were awakening from the collective conformity trance or something. I think her work was the best when you think about straight up communication with the general public, and that's a certain plus with me! And Khalil did this kind of manifesto that he ended up typing into this bakery paper that is used in Brazil to wrap that french bread, you know? Just go to any bakery and you will find it! it is also used to wrap ham, cheese, and stuff like that, once you slice them up and wrap 'em in plastic, so it is like the outer face of what is really basic survival inside. I think Khalil really hit the nail in the head, if you can open your mind to the war situation I've already mentioned, you know? It is really about the survival both of our collective and individual minds during a planet-wide war! I'm not being dramatic, just pointing it out! I am sure the next generations won't let us use this war thing as an excuse for anything, and that's fine with me!

No comments: