Sunday, November 09, 2008

freaky pop

- So, how was the Bienal?
- Nice! Not my dish, but there's always some stuff I like!
- You didn't like it?
- I'm not too crazy about the works, but the way it was structured is certainly the most radical ever! You can easily believe it's not ready to open yet, you know? It looks unfinished! What I really really liked was two things: the "flying carpet" called Airports and Angels, by Mircea Cantor, which was up in the air and had the shapes of planes and angels in it; and Escalpo 5063, by Dora Longo Bahia, which was square mandalas with stars in black and gray painted on the floor all over the third pavement, with some spots like blood here and there. Escalpo means scalp, you know. 5063 is the size of the floor in square meters. Freaky Pop, man! I like it! Good show!

No comments: