Friday, November 03, 2006

1983

Being terrified of someone finding I was fucking my mom's best friend wasn't bad enough. My father had to move again, because of his job at this freaking american company. I cried for hours under the shower, which was OK, for I always masturbated there, and took long long showers anyway, so no one noticed this long shower was different. It was no different from outside: my parents knocking on the door, my voice sounding a bit strange for me.
So there I was; Rio de Janeiro City. No friends, no woman, no one to talk about my heartache, and having to study harder, because I was supposed to pass a test at the end of the year that was gonna land me on a public university. I was going 16, and so freaked out I started collecting Snoopy cards. I don't know how to say that in english! It's like collecting cards, but you glue them to an album. Anyway, Snoopy and friends saved my life that year.
That was the first time I've heard about AIDS that I can remember. It was mostly a joke, for it used to be called Gay Cancer. We had no idea how weird things were gonna get. On the good side, there was this FM radio that actually played Kraftwerk and Deep Purple! I was amazed!

No comments: