Sunday, November 05, 2006

finger today

- It should read: Fashion targets prostate cancer. Stop prostate cancer: finger a friend!
- Hmmm! Right, Mary! That's a good one! We'll use it!

I was sent to the economic capital of South America, to do a report for my zine about an art exhibition at Mountaintop, an independent space. I found the paulistas to be very friendly, specially when I am as drunk as I was last night. The show was at least as good as the Art Biennial, if not better. I remember listening to some of the artists speak of their work, but I don't know where are my notes, so I'll mention this styrofoam sculpture of a gigantic baby holding a much smaller baby on its lap. They looked like they were two versions of the same person, a rather famous public figure I won't name because I don't know why I won't do it. Yeah, that about sums it up. There was also this free pass hanging from a wall that read: Pussylicking cocksucker. I was most impressed, and told the artist, instead of interviewing him. I got a ride from too nice girls, but we found no interesting late night plays to watch, so I'm back in Rio.

No comments: