Saturday, November 18, 2006

gone to a party in 1990

She looked like an animation from some crazy expressionist, like that guy who painted The Scream, or whatever that painting is called. Only she was a happy scream of joy, falling to the floor in acid-driven laughter. We had this house in the country all for ourselves. Too cold to go outside, we stayed in and looked at the infinite shades of white on the walls. The wood in the furniture looked like wax. I saw myself like Picasso would have painted me, when looking in the mirror. I almost got inside a picture in a magazine, staring at it for ages. There was a kids' room, and we felt we were small as kids again, when we were inside, and got out of it at once, for it felt kinda weird. Later, we smoked some pot and fell asleep in absolute peace.
Yeah, great fun! Getting stoned and listening to Daydream Nation. Sonic Youth really saved my life in 1990. And the cover painting blew my mind. Gerhard Richter was the most astonishing realist I had ever seen. That's some freaky Pop Art, yeah! Thank the Gods!
So the year came and went. I was studying, had no time to think about getting someone to fuck. That is some kind of happiness, honestly. As good as any other, as a matter of fact.

No comments: